Friday, July 20, 2007

Frank Lloyd Wright, Urgent Care, and Harry Potter!!

Due to the fact that I could hardly move when I woke up this morning, I was forced to admit that I may be sick, and needed to see a doctor. So I figured out where I could go, and Mom dropped me off there, as they told me the wait was at least an hour, no appointments. She and the kids went down to the Marin Civic Center, played on the playground, walked around the lagoon and had a picnic.

I sat in Urgent Care at least an hour, probably more, which was fine since moving was too painful. I finished one book and and got about halfway through another, and caught up on 3 issues of People Magazine. Apparently Brad's mom told Jen that he still loves her, and Katie Holmes is super happy because she got a haircut. So after 3 vials of blood and a pee sample, I got the good news and the bad news. The good news is all my labs came back normal, yea! ( Everyone asked me 100 times if I had had a tick bite) The bad news is they do not know what is wrong with me, or why I was covered with hives and have sore joints. No news is good news? Hopefully this will never happen again...
We went home and loafed around, and then Dad and the kids and I went down to Corte Madera to Barnes and Noble to get in line for our Harry Potter wristband. We got there about 20 minutes early, and I was about the third person in line! Then we went and had super yummy Vietnamese food for dinner, took a turn around the mall to settle dinner, and then back to B and N. Here they are at the fountain out front.
We spent a good 3.5 hours at the bookstore, entering the contests, doing the very hard Scavenger Hunt, and reading. We didn't win anything, although we did find 48/50 questions.... At 11:30 we started queuing, and since I had an "A" wristband, I was in the first group, so I was about the 20th person in line. They have everything very streamlined, I got my book, we did a little jumping up and down and squealing, Miles had to carry it to the car, we stopped for this photo, and when we got in the car it was 12:05. Pretty slick!!

No comments: